For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry. (Habakkuk 2:3)
What to do with a prophetic word:
God never intended for us to chase after prophecies, and no, you don’t ‘need’ a word for every situation you’re in. The Bible says that the just shall live by FAITH, not by prophecy. I’ve got some heavy situations going on right now, and I DON’T want a word about it. I’ve decided I’m going to trust that God didn’t lie to me, that he hasn’t forgotten me, and that my appointed time will come. There’s a time and place for a word, and there’s a time for FAITH which produces works (see James 2).
What then, should you do with a prophetic word? Assuming you’ve tested it and it really was a word from God…
1. Wait for it to come to pass (Hab. 2:3)
2. Speak it back to God
3. Pray concerning it
4. Take action in accordance with the word
5. Ask yourself, ‘What do I need to be doing to position myself to receive what God promised?’ This is NOT in the sense of earning it, but rather in the sense of being ready to handle the responsibility of stewarding the blessing.
6. Ask God the same question.
7. Do what is necessary from #5 and 6.
8. Study scripture related to what God told you.
9. Keep your life CLEAN. The angels don’t cry ‘love, love, love.’ They cry ‘holy, holy, holy.’